Welcome to Internet Riches

Welcome to my blog and my wealth-building journey. I have started this blog for everyone to see the steps I have take to build an online fortune, and to interact with me and each other. The goal is earn $100 000 a year from internet marketing, half of which is residual. I plan to reach this goal in one years time. As I move towards internet riches the only money to be put into the project is that which the online business has generated, no loans, or out of pocket funds.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

On the road to internet Success - day 3 and 4

I am putting the weekend road to online wealth steps into one post. So this will include today and Saturday.



Today I started a word press blog. Check it out http://internetroadtowealth.wordpress.com Not sure if this wi
ll create more work than traffic but I guess time will tell. I will see what blog gets the most traffic and make notes and links to get them to work together. I created 2 sites to see which did better and to have separate blogs and sites that can link to each other. One of the keys to online visitors and thus success is traffic which often come from search engines. One way to rank high on Google is to have lots of relevant links to your site. How I am going to do that is link my posts and blogs together whenever I have the opportunity. I will also add my link to other sites like Twitter and the other social media accounts I will open. The more I can get my site out there the better.

The other day I did a post about the 7 habits of highly effective people and how it relates to creating wealth. Over the next few days I will have to take that advise and put it to use.
First thing I will need to do is get the end in sight. What do I want out of this? I know it is an experiment and I hope to be a resource for others looking to make more money or and an extra stream of income to their life. I have to decide how much money do I want to make form this venture? Where do I want it to take me? Lots to think about.

I think the biggest thing I need to do is plan each day. Make a list of things that will help me make money. On that list start with the most difficult task, or the task that I do not want to do. I find that I waste lots of time. I watch a video, they mention a good idea so I pause the video, look up the idea and open up 20 different web pages. Meanwhile I have not seen the rest of the video and am off onto something totally different. I can go in circles lie this all day long, bad habit that I have to break. So I have to get myself a notebook, and jot down my to do list for the next day. I think this will keep me on track and get focused for the next day.
Well that about covers it for today. Leave me and others a comment, would love to hear your thoughts.



No comments: